Monday, June 23, 2008

Prediction

Remember the trip to the beach? I bought seven pairs of pants - a new world record - but I continued to be unable to buy anything like a shirt or a dress.

Well, I took the pugs to an outdoor concert on Saturday night, and, looking around at the people, I figured out what the problem was. Because I suddenly noticed a generalization that has been simmering in the back of my mind for, oh, maybe a year: Women's clothes right now are appalling.

Mark my words: This is one of those periods in history when people are going to look back at the photographs of themselves that are taken now, and are going to be absolutely mortified by their attire.

Trust me. I lived through the seventies, I know what I'm talking about.

2 comments:

Chris, who else? said...

Are you speaking of the cleavage-plunge shirts, or all those Crocs?

wombat said...

The shirts, the tops of the dresses in the same styles... is this some kind of experiment to prove that women will buy ANYTHING?

But yes, now that you mention it - people will be thankful that a lot of photos don't show the feet.