Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pug eats local



On Monday I finally crossed off my to-do list something that had been there for years, ever since we moved to this neighborhood. I took some pictures of this small vegetable farm that is around the corner from me.

This farm is only a couple of blocks from downtown Silver Spring office buildings, metro, etc. Every year I assumed the bulldozers were going to roll in and ugly McMansions would get crammed onto the lot and I'd kick myself for not getting the pictures. Just like I still kick myself that I didn't get pictures of the Orthopedic Truss company on Bonifant Street, or the artificial limb place on Wayne, or any of the other pleasures of urban decay that are rapidly vanishing from the neighborhood.

I don't know how much longer we'll be able to walk around the corner and buy figs, but at least I didn't miss out on taking the photos.

2 comments:

jaydub said...

Those are some possessive produce you've got going there.

wombat said...

The one that really mystifies me is "Squash".